Follow my blog for all the recent updates of my Disney World Florida Adventure!

Monday 27 June 2011

Week 1 in the Magical Land

So I think it is now time to finally sit down and write a blog now everything over here in the Sunny/Rainy/Thundery State of Florida. I have arrived safely settled in and already done so much and there is still so much to do that i don't think i will get done in 3 months. So... Here is the story of my first week in Walt Disney World, FL.

So... I set off on 19th June 2011 at 5.30am from home to get to gatwick with my parents. Upon my arrival it was very quick to check in there were no delays on the flight so I went for coffee with my parents before saying our goodbyes. After saying goodbye to the rents, I met with fellow Disney ICP's and we went for a Spoon breakfast (The last for 3 months) :( and I treated myself to a nice cider before the departure. The flight was so long however the in flight entertainment (Tangled, Family Guy, and even multi player games) kept us all entertained for the 9 hours 20 minutes sat in one confined space.
When we arrived in the US we all got carted into a small room... there were lots of us and had to wait for about 1-2 hours for them to check over our documents and then it was finally time to descend on Vista Way to find out where we were going to live for the next 3 months. Luckily, me and many people i knew before the programme got placed at Chatham Sq. which is an amazing apartment complex. I am sharing a room with a guy from France and live with 3 Mexicans and 1 guy from Hong Kong not that i am ever in as there is too much to be doing.

Once we arrived at our apartments, me, Emily and Heather went off to walmart to do a big shop for all of the essentials. We ended up with so much stuff... mainly junk microwavable food.... Winner! And after 25 hours of being up it was time for us to hit the hay.

The next day we had to be in early to fill in paperwork etc etc and sort our stay out. Then went to catch a few rays by the pool. In the evening a bunch of us went to Downtown Disney and all split up and me and some others went to the Rainforest Cafe which was a really good way to get to know each other a little better. After dinner we went to look around the shops including the Lego shop where we all ended up basically being 5 again sat making Lego things.
The next day we had to go and fill out even more paperwork... This was after visiting the pool of course and tanning it up for a bit. Our evening was amazing. We decided we would go to the Polynesian resort and have food there then watch the wishes fireworks.... Which are amazing, and then go upstairs and chill with a cocktail.
Wednesday was my first official paid day at WDW. Traditions was 4 hours long at Disney University, and we got taught all of the standard business stuff... their mission what they expect from us BLAH BLAH BLAH. Anyway on the more exciting side we got given our Disney passes. This gives us access to all 4 Disneyworld parks over the summer, so with this in hand after Traditions a group of us set off to let the memories begin at Magic Kingdom.
Magic Kingdom was amazing. We watched the 'Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade' which was awesome. Even met snow white. We all went on a few roller coasters and sweated it out at Dance Party for around an hour with Chip and Dale and then to finish off the day we watched Wishes at the castle and they are so amazing up close.

Now was the time to enjoy my 2 days off on Thursday and Friday. Thursday morning I visited the pool in the morning to try and tan as work is definitely going to get in the way of that. Then took a trip to Walmart to buy work shoes and Chinese with Emma. We ate lunch and then went off with a group of us to Hollywood Studios to experience my second park of the summer :D watched the Beauty and the Beast show and also went on Tower of Terror where Kylie decides to make of fool of me by scaring me in the dark to make everyone laugh at me. A storm was brewing so we decided to leave, and because we are so smart we then decided to dance in the down pour where we then had to get on an AC'd bus so we froze! Was fun though. In the evening a large group of us went to sizzlers which had an amazing Unlimited Salad Bar and Desert buffet (although i have learnt not to mix vanilla and chocolate ice cream)


Friday, the Cardiff University crew and Ash hit Disney's Animal Kingdom which was such a fun day. We went on Safari, the rapids and my fave ride yet, Expedition Everest. Also got to see the lion king show there which was amazing! I will definitely be going to see that again lots this summer. After that we had a major storm which lasted a good few hours and we decided to go to Hooters for a very fun meal although some people were very soggy.





Sunday was my second day of OTJ training which was also alot of fun touring the resort and seeing the 5 locations i will be working in. After arriving home from work 6 of us decided to take up the challenge of going to Beaches and Cream to have a Kitchen sink of Ice Cream and all of their toppings. It was amazing.... but ended up being mush.

That brings us to today where i have been at Disney Uni for the last time doing Merchantainment training and Cash Register training. Was in 08:00-15:30 and done some online training too and just chilling tonight hoping to catch up on some much needed sleep. I will update this blog again soon. Hope everyone is well. Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment